News

From John: Wed. Dec. 5th (PM)

Posted by mknick14 on December 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM

This will be our final post for a little while.

It is very hard to say all of this because Hawk is our little, sweet, man.

Hawk is going to have an agressive anti coagulant to hopefully break up the clot. However, there is a high risk mentioned by some docs and a low by others. With his state right now, docs feel this is the best option.

All we know is that when this drip goes in, we should know within 48 hours wich direction he is going. The hepron (anti coagulant)can break up the clot as well as cause more bleeding. Before they start the hepron they needed to put a drain tube into his ventricle because he started getting added pressure due to fluid not leaving the ventricle (hydrocephelus). This drain tube served a duel purpose as it is also used to measure the pressure in the ventricle. The tube has been inserted in his brain and we are seeing some reduced pressures. Along with the drain tube, they decided that it was best to put him in a medically induced coma (pentobarbitol) to make him totally relaxed. this gives his little brain the best chance for success.

We love all of you, but please do not call us. We are very tired and cant really get words out when we talk to others anyway. If you have something you want to say, Maddison Knick made a page (http://facebook.co/DoItForHawk) and you can post there.

Katie and I want to thank you for your prayers and support.

#DoItForHawk

Categories: None

Post a Comment

Oops!

Oops, you forgot something.

Oops!

The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

Already a member? Sign In

1 Comment

Reply Pam Wisecup
7:33 AM on December 6, 2012 
We love you guys! We are praying for little Hawk that God will intervene and heal those health issues. We are also praying for healing for you two, Katie and John.